Mr. Media is recorded live before a studio audience of “Eureka” fans whose favorite part of the show is when someone on the show rolls their eyes and says, “Fargo!”… in the new new media capitol of the world… St. Petersburg, Florida!
By Bob Andelman
Douglas Fargo is a classic television character.
At once deceptively innocent and brilliant, he’s also capable of causing the kind of naïve mischief that may one day cause the secret government town of Eureka to be wiped off the map in a giant matter/anti-matter implosion.
Just to ply it safe, I’ll be interviewing the actor who plays Fargo today – Neil Grayston – and not the character himself. Too many things go wrong when that guy is around!
Click HERE to LISTEN to THIS INTERVIEW! (Or WATCH the Videos Below!)
Grayston, I believe, is a guy who recognized a wonderful opportunity in the role of Fargo and capitalized upon it. He has grown a character whose initial purpose seemed little more than second banana antics and shenanigans and given him heart and self-respect in a relatively short period of time.
And thanks to the Syfy network’s show recent disruption of the time-space continuum, Grayston is now playing Fargo 2.0. Instead of being a flaky young scientist at Global Dynamics, he is now the head of GD. He’s even had a love life, including a crossover fling with Tech wiz Claudia Donovan of “Warehouse 13.”
Of course, Grayston is still giving voice to a second “character” on “Eureka,” which returns for its season 4.5 premiere on Monday, July 11 @ 8 p.m.: He is the computer altered, female personality of Sheriff Carter’s underground bunker, S.A.R.A.H. (Incidentally, you can follow both S.A.R.A.H. and Grayston on Twitter.)
You may have previously seen Grayston on “Wonderfalls,” “Smallville,” “The Dead Zone” and “Supernatural.”
Neil Grayston Twitter
NEIL GRAYSTON audio excerpt: “I think it started as an idea to clean up all the loose ends of the show but not in a dream scenario… This is the timeline we live in now. As far as I know, we’re stickin’ with it.”
You can LISTEN to this interview with actor NEIL GRAYSTON, who plays “Fargo” on the Syfy series EUREKA, by clicking the audio player above or WATCH the VIDEOS below!
Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of 12 books, including Mind Over Business with Ken Baum, The Consulate with Thomas R. Stutler, The Profiler with Pat Brown, Built From Scratch with the founders of The Home Depot, The Profit Zone with Adrian Slywotzky, Mean Business with Albert J. Dunlap, and Will Eisner: A Spirited Life. Click here to see Bob Andelman’s Amazon Central author page. He is a member in good standing of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (member page).
- Eureka cast interviews with Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)
- VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Eureka TV star Niall Matter interview (1/2) (mrmedia.com)
- Guy Kawasaki shares secret of Enchantment! (Audio/Video Interview) (mrmedia.com)
- Female Novelist interviews by Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)
- Novelist Michael Connelly sees Matthew McConaughey as his lawyer! (Audio Interview) (mrmedia.com)
- Eureka and Warehouse 13 Return With Alphas Premiere: Syfy Stars Spill on Summer Season (eonline.com)
- Young Adult Author interviews by Mr. Media! (mrmedia.com)
- Politician interviews with Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)
- Felicia Day to Guest Star on Eureka (shoppingblog.com)
- Male Novelist interviews by Mr. Media (mrmedia.com)