America Olivo is full of surprises.
The first time she was on the show, ostensibly to promote a new movie called Circle, she did the interview from the basement of the Foxwoods Theatre on Broadway. Upstairs, rehearsals were underway for a new musical directed by Julie Taymor and featuring music by Bono and The Edge. You may have heard of it: “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.”
After the interview ended, America said I might enjoy talking to her husband, Christian Campbell. They met on the set of Neighbor and were married in July 2009. He’s got his own career going – perhaps you’ve heard of HBO’s “Big Love”? Christian has a recurring role in the series sixth and final season, which just kicked off.
These two both have live theater, music soap operas and genre roles in their shared past. Oh, and did I mention they’re both extremely good looking?
If you’ve never watched Mr. Media® TV (below or on YouTube), this would be a good day to start!
Christian Campbell Twitter
AMERICA OLIVO audio excerpt: “I don’t think the talk about Spider-Man upsets the cast and crew as much as the incidents. It’s such a technical show and to be rushed made things a bit precarious.”
You can LISTEN to this interview with AMERICA OLIVO, of SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK, and CHRISTIAN CAMPBELL of BIG LOVE, by clicking the audio player above or the video player below!
Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of 10 books, including ‘The Profiler’ with Pat Brown, ‘Built From Scratch’ with the founders of The Home Depot, and ‘Will Eisner: A Spirited Life.’ • Follow Bob on Twitter or Facebook.
- ‘Bitch Slap’ star America Olivo’s next gig: ‘Spider-Man’ on Broadway! (Interview) (mrmedia.com)
- Lead Actress Departs SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK (geektyrant.com)
- Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark Vs. Critics (perezhilton.com)
- Being Human? Meaghan Rath doesn’t stand a ghost of a chance! (Interview) (mrmedia.com)
- Actress Samantha Lockwood takes Jason Mewes through romantic comedy hell in Shoot the Hero (Interview) (mrmedia.com)