About Writer Bob Andelman
Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of 12 biographical, business, management, self-help and sports books.
He has also been a regular correspondent for BusinessWeek, Newsweek and the St. Petersburg Times at different times in his career.
Since February 1, 2007, Andelman has also produced and hosted the extremely popular Mr. Media® online TV/radio interview show heard on his own site, http://www.mrmedia.com and syndicated across the Internet to more than two dozen other distribution points including iTunes and the Stitcher Smart Radio mobile app.
It also broadcasts via YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMediaRadio ).
(What is Mr. Media®? The calm of Charlie Rose, the curiosity of Terry Gross and the unpredictability of Howard Stern! It includes more than 900 exclusive Hollywood, celebrity, pop culture podcast interviews by Mr. Media®, a.k.a., Bob Andelman, with newsmakers in TV, radio, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, books, websites, social media, politics, sports, graphic novels, and comics.)
Andelman’s latest book projects are:
• Building Atlanta (Chicago Review Press), written with legendary Atlanta businessman and “bail bondsman to the civil rights movement” Herman Russell. Publication Date: March 2013.
• The Marshmallow Effect (Berkley/Penguin), written with nationally recognized motivational speaker Joachim de Posada. Publication Date: March 2013.
• Fans Not Customers (TBD), written with Metro Bank UK and Commerce Bank US founder Vernon W. Hill II. Publication Date: Fall 2012.
• Internet 101 (TBD), ebook written with Russ Bruno for Assorted Internet customers. Publication Date: Fall 2012.
• Mind Over Business (Perigee/Penguin), written with nationally recognized sports psychologist and athletic trainer Ken Baum. Publication Date: March 2012. Audio rights pre-sold. Publisher’s Weekly wrote: “Noted sports performance psychologist Baum, with coauthor Andelman (The Profiler), shares his process for achieving success in this helpful and ambitious book… Baum’s logical program is highly recommended.” And Library Journal said: “These two business books, both by sports enthusiasts, focus on the cognitive aspects of business and life success… Both books have something to offer, but Mind Over Business is more sophisticated and expands on the usual goal-achievement literature.”
Previous books include:
• The Consulate (MIHI Trust, March 2011), spy fiction written with former FBI and CIA agent Thomas R. Stutler. Published as an ebook and available via Kindle, Nook and Sony Reader; limited print edition due Summer 2012.
• The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths (Hyperion/Voice, May 2010), written with nationally recognized criminal profiler and frequent CNN contributor Pat Brown. The book has been optioned by Warner Bros. Television and a pilot, “Trooper,” was producer by Jerry Bruckheimer in 2012 for CBS. It has also been sold overseas in Japan, Korea, Germany, Portugal and Taiwan. Audible.com purchased audiobook rights.
• Four Seasons: The Philosophy of a Business (Portfolio/Penguin, 2009), by Isadore Sharp, founder and chairman of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Andelman did not author or co-author this book but came in and helped Sharp near the end of the writing process by conducting dozens of interviews with Four Seasons managers and executives and contributing additional material to the finished manuscript.
• Fans Not Customers (Portfolio/Penguin, —-), written with Commerce Bank founder and chairman Vernon W. Hill II, was completed and accepted by the publisher in May 2007 and in typesetting when Hill was forced out of the bank.
• Will Eisner: A Spirited Life (Dark Horse/M Press, 2005), the biography of the legendary artist and writer who is often credited with taking comic books out of the ghetto in the 1940s and establishing the market for adult, long-form comics – graphic novels – in the 1970s. A Spirited Life has been translated for Spanish and Italian editions. Andelman also recorded the audiobook edition. http://www.aspiritedlife.com
• The Profit Zone: Lessons of Strategic Genius from the People Who Created the World’s Most Valued Companies (Times Books/Random House, 1997), with Adrian Slywotzky and David Morrison, partners in Boston-based Mercer Management. The Profit Zone is Andelman’s best selling book overall with more than 100,000 hardcover copies in print after 10 printings. Worldwide, The Profit Zone has been translated into Chinese (Complex and Simplified), Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
• Built from Scratch: How a Couple of Regular Guys Grew The Home Depot from Nothing to $30 Billion (Times Books/Random House, 1999), on which he collaborated with Home Depot co-founders Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank. CNBC’s “Mad Money” host Jim Kramer endorsed the timelessness of Built From Scratch when he told his viewing audience, “Built from Scratch is the best of all those business biographies.” Built From Scratch was translated for a Japanese edition.
• Mean Business: How I Save Bad Companies and Make Good Companies Great (Times Books/Random House, 1996), with Albert J. Dunlap, chairman and CEO of Sunbeam. Published in hardcover, paperback and audiocassette. Mean Business was a finalist in the Financial Times of London Global Business Book Awards.
Corporate work includes: annual reports for Jabil Circuit; annual reports for Eckerd College; in-house history for Port Manatee, Florida; in-house history for Kirchman Corporation; book doctoring for Chun King/Jeno’s Pizza Rolls/Michelina’s founder Jeno Paulucci (Jeno: The Power of the Peddler; 2006); book doctoring for D.H. Blair Investment Banking Corp. Chairman J. Morton Davis (From Hard Knocks to Hot Stocks; 1998).
Andelman, who coaches middle school girls soccer and “Social Media for Beginners” to adults, lives with his wife of 23 years, Mimi, and their 15-year-old daughter, in St. Petersburg, Florida.
For more information:
Dystel & Goderich Literary Management http://www.dystel.com
Books by Bob Andelman: http://amazon.com/author/andelman
Skype: bobandelman or 727-498-4711