Writer for Hire
Bob Andelman is the author or co-author of 16 biographical, business, management, self-help and sports books. He has been a regular correspondent for BusinessWeek, Newsweek and the Tampa Bay Times at different times in his career. Andelman is also the editor and publisher of a small imprint, Mr. Media Books.
Three of his business books—Mean Business, The Profit Zone, and Built from Scratch—have each sold in excess of 100,000 copies.
• Built from Scratch: How a Couple of Regular Guys Grew The Home Depot from Nothing to $30 Billion
• Mean Business: How I Save Bad Companies and Make Good Companies Great
• The Profit Zone: Lessons of Strategic Genius from the People Who Created the World’s Most Valued Companies
• Will Eisner: A Spirited Life
• Building Atlanta
• Stadium for Rent: Tampa Bay’s Quest for Major League Baseball
• Determined: A Lifetime of Love and Hate, War and Peace … And What the Water Moccasin Taught Me
• Fans Not Customers
• The Wawa Way: How a Funny Name & 6 Core Values Revolutionized Convenience
• Keep Your Eye on the Marshmallow
• Why Men Watch Football: A Report from the Couch
• Mind Over Business
• The Consulate
• The Profiler: My Life Hunting Serial Killers and Psychopaths
• Four Seasons: The Philosophy of a Business
Mr. Media® Interviews
Since February 1, 2007, Andelman has also produced and hosted the extremely popular Mr. Media® online TV/radio interview show. What is Mr. Media®? The calm of Charlie Rose, the curiosity of Terry Gross and the unpredictability of Howard Stern! It includes more than 900 exclusive Hollywood, celebrity, pop culture podcast interviews by Mr. Media®, a.k.a., Bob Andelman, with newsmakers in TV, radio, movies, music, magazines, newspapers, books, websites, social media, politics, sports, graphic novels, and comics. The show is available for listening on his site and YouTube, and continues to be syndicated across the Internet to more than two dozen other distribution points including iTunes and the Stitcher Smart Radio mobile app.
- The Knight Foundation
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Annual reports for Jabil Circuit
- Annual reports for Eckerd College
- In-house history for Port Manatee, Florida
- In-house history for Kirchman Corporation
- Book doctoring for Chun King/Jeno’s Pizza Rolls/Michelina’s founder Jeno Paulucci (Jeno: The Power of the Peddler; 2006)
- Book doctoring for D.H. Blair Investment Banking Corp. Chairman J. Morton Davis (From Hard Knocks to Hot Stocks; 1998)
- Book doctoring for infomercial king Avi Sivan (Whatever It Takes; 2008)
- Hired by the New York Yankees to write a history of Legends Field/George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa celebrating its 20th anniversary; the story ran in the team’s 2015 spring training magazine.
Mr. Media Books
Mr. Media Books (https://MrMediaBooks.com) has published a number of diverse titles, including:
- Kicking Through the Ashes: My Life as a Stand-up During the 1980s Comedy
Boom by Ritch Shidner
- The Millionaire’s Convenient Arrangement by Jane Peden
- How to Handle the Bully at School by Christopher Rappold
- Warrior: A Tribute to Kevin Thompson, The Greatest Sport Martial Artist of All Time by Christopher Rappold
- In Our Time: Nostra Aetate, How Catholics and Jews Built a New Relationship by James M. Barrens
- Dirt by Tony Doris
- Floater by Tony Doris
- A Daily Dose of Innocence by John Hutton.
Andelman, a graduate of the University of Florida, lives with his wife of 30 years, Mimi, in St. Petersburg, Florida. Their 22-year-old son, Charlie, is a 2017 graduate of Florida State University.
Agent: Jeff Herman
The Jeff Herman Agency
Jeff (@) JeffHerman.com
Books by Bob Andelman: http://amazon.com/author/andelman
Skype: bobandelman or 727-498-4711
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.